Saturday, May 4. 2013
The New Forest Spring Fair is set to take place on Sunday 5th May 2013 and is set to be a fun packed day for all the family. New Park is going to be open between 9.00am and 5.00pm with music until 9.00pm and it is free entry for all the family. It is going to be a ‘Street Party Themed Fair’ with 60 trade stands offering tasty treats, crafts, demonstrations and activities for everyone to get involved with:
Kid’s activities - face painting, bouncy castle, drum workshops and seed planting with New Forest Food Challenge.
Music, food and drink - enjoy live music from the New Forest Yokels, real ales and cider from Ringwood Brewery. Sample delicious regional fare and pick up some tasty treats to take home from the food stalls.
Demonstrations and activities - ferret racing, gun dog display, dog show, gypsy peg making by New Forest Coppice Crafts, Lusitano Display from Patrick Kemp and Tetua and Morris Dancers.
There is also the opportunity to enter your handmade items as there will be a Home Crafts Competition which include some classes especially for children. Classes for adults include a photography competition, decorated flower pot, handmade knitted items, shortbread and various cakes and for children, they can enter a decorated pebble, a handmade card, a miniature garden, a flower arrangement as well as some baked items. All entries need to be submitted by Wednesday 1st May 2013 and please click on the button below for the schedule of classes.
Come and have a great day out and enjoy the best the forest has to offer!
Monday, April 29. 2013
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust’s Roydon Woods Nature Reserve near Brockenhurst.
Woodland products ranging from charcoal to hurdles will be for sale on the day and there will be plenty of opportunity to have a go at woodland crafts. Come and find out about woods and their management. Lots of locally produced food and products will be on sale and a wide variety of children’s activities will be laid on. Plenty of parking at Roydon Woods Reserve, off Sandy Down, Setley, near Brockenhurst (Map ref. SZ 313 995). For further details, please contact Martin Boxall on 07970 564525 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. No charge but donations welcome. Dogs on leads welcome.
11am - 4pm
Sunday, April 14. 2013
I have attached the notes from the hub meeting in a doc that you can download, but here is a brief list of what was talked about.
Next meeting Tuesday 11th June, lunchtime meeting.
Hub Meeting Notes:
- Funding 2013/14
- Increasing membership
- New Forest Vision 2030
- Food Challenge Project
- Schools Energy Project
- Transition Training
- New Forest Festival
- Minstead Community Garden
- Next Events - Jean Genie - Lymington Sat 20th April
- The Human Predicament - Jonathan Porritt in Winchester, Mon 22nd April
- Meeting Minutes - downloadable
Thursday, April 11. 2013
Monday, February 25. 2013
Sunday, February 24. 2013
Come and find out about:
- New Forest Transition
- the Food Challenge
- New Forest Vision 2030 and the
- Schools Energy Project on Saturday at the
National Park's Volunteer Fair 2013
Find out how you can get involved with different groups volunteering in the New Forest
Saturday 2nd March
Lyndhurst Community Centre
10.30 - 3pm
- Meet people and get outdoors
- Discover your passion
- Learn new skills
Tuesday, February 19. 2013
Summer Residential 24th July - 26th July 2013
A Big Wildwood AdventureMinstead Study Centre is running a 3 day residential for 8-11 year old children
10.30am on Wednesday 24th July 2013 - 4pm on Friday 26th July 2013
Day OneWill be spent out in the New Forest exploring the big wildwoods, enjoying a magical mix of activities such as being cocooned in leaves, barefoot on a deep dank but delightful Bog, marching through a gurgling stream and transforming into a wild creature.
Day TwoWill be spent making giant manure chocolate compost cakes, cuddling feathery chickens and woolly sheep, squidging and shaping clay and a brilliant bonfire under the old North Tree.
Day ThreeThe final day allows time for some face painting, creative crafts and a Map of Mystery around the stunning grounds.
Price £150 per childZebe Harris
023 8 0 813437
Wednesday, February 13. 2013
NEW FOREST TRANSITION HUB MEETING
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 12TH 2013, 12 Noon – 1.30 pm NEW FOREST INN, EMERY DOWN
Hub_Mtg_13.02.121.docx Please download file for full meeting notes
• Vision 2030 Project
- Approx 65 people (from over 25 New Forest groups and associations) attended the Visioning morning on Friday 1st Feb.
- 8 groups were formed on the day, and one more has been formed since.
- The website, http://newforestvision.ning.com has been set up and is now running. There are 31 members signed up already.
- Website - further development : Front page, addition of a timeline, blogging page, strap line
- Discussion - How to bring about change?
- How do we get the governmental organisations to sign up to our vision of the future and therefore to the steps that we put in place?
- Coordination - We need someone in place in each 'group' to start to ask questions, open discussions, and generally 'facilitate' the conversations so that we can pull out some key tasks for the future and key dates. (JB to email current facilitators)
- Vision 2030 exhibition – New Forest Centre has suggested two possible dates early next year
- Fundraising – JB & SF to check into fundraising for additional website development, editorial fees, printed resources, exhibition assistance, etc.
- • Schools Energy Saving Project Everything is ticking along fine at the moment, with schools each having their turn with the Thermal Imaging Camera, and their HCC Energy Audits being done. - HCC audits to be completed soon. We have 3 Minstead residentials this term (2 in Jan and one in March).
- • Food ChallengeFood Trail idea - on going.
Stall booked for the New Park Spring Fair - Sunday 5th May
Demonstration booked for the Wednesday of the NF Show – In the education tent
- • Transition Lymington Had an amazing Jean Genie event on Saturday. Over 40 people came along and made bags and bunting, cards and all sorts. Lots of good feedback too. They would like to run another one later in the year.
- • Transition Residential Training, Minstead March 16/17 JB working on details with Lena to be sent out in the next week. We have about ten spaces still available.
- • Volunteer Fair Sat 2nd March.
Stall booked for Transition and Food Challenge - we could ask people for their Vision of 2030 and sign them up to the website.
Hub Meetings - Bi monthly, on the second Tuesday of the month, alternating lunchtime and evenings. Held in the New Forest Inn, Emery Down.
Next Hub Meetings
Tuesday April 19th - 7.30 – 9.00 pm
Tuesday 11th June 12 - noon – 1.30pm
Tuesday 10th Sept - 7.30 – 9.00 pm
Tuesday 12th November - noon – 1.30pm